- "Learning from Inventory Availability Information: Evidence from Field Experiments on Amazon," with Ruomeng Cui and Achal Bassamboo, Management Science (2017).
- Media Coverage, "What Makes an Online Flash Sale Successful?" KelloggInsight.
- "A Better Way to Fight Discrimination in the Sharing Economy,” with Jun Li and Ruomeng Cui, Harvard Business Review, digital (2017).
- "The Operational Value of Social Media Information," with Ruomeng Cui, Antonio Moreno and Santiago Gallino, Production and Operations Management (2017).
- Media Coverage, "Want to Improve Your Sales Forecast? Check Your Company’s Facebook Feed." KelloggInsight.
- "Does Social Interaction Improve Learning Outcomes? Evidence from Field Experiments on Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)," with Gad Allon and Jan Van Mieghem, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (2016).
- Media Coverage, "A gentle nudge can increase participation in MOOCS" KelloggInsight.
- Media Coverage, "Could Email Fix A Troubled Form of Online Education?" ChicagoInno.
- "Hospital Readmission Reduction Program: An Economic and Operational Analysis," with Itai Gurvich, Jan A. Van Mieghem, Eric Park, Mark Williams and Robert Young, Management Science (2016).
- Winner, 2014 POMS College of Healthcare Operations Management Best Paper Award.
Papers Under Review
- "How Does Dynamic Pricing Affect Customer Behavior on Retailing Platforms? Evidence from a Large Randomized Experiment on Alibaba," with Hengchen Dai and Lingxiu Dong, 2nd round major revision in Management Science.
- Finalist, 2018 POMS Applied Research Competition.
- Honorable Mention, 2018 POM-CBOM Junior Scholar competition.
- "Discrimination with Incomplete Information in the Sharing Economy: Evidence from Field Experiments on Airbnb," with Ruomeng Cui and Jun Li, 2nd round major revision in Management Science.
- Winner, 2017 Behavioral Operations Management Best Working Paper
- Media Coverage, "Study: How new Airbnb nondiscrimination policy may be worse." the Source, Washington University in St. Louis.
- Media Coverage, "New Research Looks At Ways To Help Stop Airbnb Racial Discrimination." National Public Radio (NPR).
- Media Coverage, "No simple fix to weed out racial bias in the sharing economy." Global and Mail (Canada).
- "Vicarious Goal Pursuit Outweighs Herding in Crowdfunding: Evidence from Kickstarter.com," with Hengchen Dai, risky revision in Journal of Marketing Research.
- "Pros vs Joes: Agent Pricing Behavior in the Sharing Economy," with Jun Li and Anotonio Moreno-Garcia, major revision in Management Science.
Selected Working Papers
- "Taking Assortment Optimization from Theory to Practice: Evidence from Large Field Experiments on Alibaba," with Jake Feldman.
- "The Value of Pop-Up Stores in Driving Online Engagement in Platform Retailing: Evidence from a Large-Scale Field Experiment with Alibaba," with Hengchen Dai and Lingxiu Dong.
- "Peer Bargaining and Productivity in Teams: Gender and the Inequitable Division of Pay," with Lamar Pierce and Laura W. Wang.
- Finalist in the Competition at the 2018 Wharton People Analytics Conference.
- "Managing Service Systems in the Presence of Social Networks," with Gad Allon. View video.