Publications and Minor Revisions
- 1. "How Does Dynamic Pricing Affect Customer Behavior on Retailing Platforms? Evidence from a Large Randomized Experiment on Alibaba," with Hengchen Dai and Lingxiu Dong, minor revision in Management Science.
- Finalist, 2018 POMS Applied Research Competition.
- Honorable Mention, 2018 POM-CBOM Junior Scholar competition.
- 2. "Discrimination with Incomplete Information in the Sharing Economy: Evidence from Field Experiments on Airbnb," with Ruomeng Cui and Jun Li, minor revision in Management Science.
- Winner, 2017 Behavioral Operations Management Best Working Paper
- 3. "Learning from Inventory Availability Information: Evidence from Field Experiments on Amazon," with Ruomeng Cui and Achal Bassamboo, Management Science (2017).
- 4. "A Better Way to Fight Discrimination in the Sharing Economy,” with Jun Li and Ruomeng Cui, Harvard Business Review, digital (2017).
- 5. "The Operational Value of Social Media Information," with Ruomeng Cui, Antonio Moreno and Santiago Gallino, Production and Operations Management (2017).
- 6. "Does Social Interaction Improve Learning Outcomes? Evidence from Field Experiments on Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)," with Gad Allon and Jan Van Mieghem, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (2016).
- 7. "Hospital Readmission Reduction Program: An Economic and Operational Analysis," with Itai Gurvich, Jan A. Van Mieghem, Eric Park, Mark Williams and Robert Young, Management Science (2016).
- Winner, 2014 POMS College of Healthcare Operations Management Best Paper Award.
Papers Under Revision
- 8. "Vicarious Goal Pursuit Outweighs Herding in Crowdfunding: Evidence from Kickstarter.com," with Hengchen Dai, 2nd round invite revision in Journal of Marketing Research.
- 9. "Peer Bargaining and Productivity in Teams: Gender and the Inequitable Division of Pay," with Lamar Pierce and Laura W. Wang, major revision in Manufacturing & Service Operations Management
- Finalist in the Competition at the 2018 Wharton People Analytics Conference.
- 10. "The Value of Pop-Up Stores in Driving Online Engagement in Platform Retailing: Evidence from a Large-Scale Field Experiment with Alibaba," with Hengchen Dai and Lingxiu Dong, reject and resubmit in Management Science.
- 11. "Pros vs Joes: Agent Pricing Behavior in the Sharing Economy," with Jun Li and Anotonio Moreno-Garcia, major revision in Management Science.
Selected Papers under 1st-round Review
- 1. "Taking Assortment Optimization from Theory to Practice: Evidence from Large Field Experiments on Alibaba," with Jake Feldman, submitted.
- 2. "Where Did the Time Go? On the Increase in Airline Schedule Padding Over 21 Years," with Yuval Salant and Jan A. Van Mieghem, submitted.
- 3. "Managing Service Systems in the Presence of Social Networks," with Gad Allon, submitted View video.